A bit of background….I went to jump on my bike at the end of a very long and busy day, only to discover that I had a flat tyre (why didn’t I see that this morning?). Whipped the wheel out, removed a piece of glass, new tube…blah blah…exploded the jolly thing IN THE OFFICE with a CO2 canister. Had to run home (the husband is away on a ski trip) and didn’t have the right gear with me.
Here’s what I learned tonight:
1. CO2 canisters and road bike tubes don’t mix. This is the second time I’ve exploded a tube.
2. Bare footing at night is less than optimal.
3. Bare footing in socks is a pain in the butt when you get a hole in them and they start to collect small stones through the hole. (ended up putting my Colorado MaryJane flats on after 5kms)
4. Socks really are only good for 4 or 5 kms.
5. MaryJanes are neither a sexy choice in running gear, nor a comfortable one….I had sore knees within 5 minutes of putting them on after I got holes in my socks.
6. Running in a pair of biking knicks that were designed for long distance riding is like running in a full nappy.
7. Playing spotlight with spiders on the path is fun…their eyes shine blue!
8. Coming home to an empty house after such a crappy evening sucks.
I hope I don’t have to do that again in a hurry.
Have you ever had to suck it up and just get going?